Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Big family love

I just wanted to take a moment to talk about a family my family loves. It's hard for my us to even find a family to love. We're a weird bunch. And I can admit that.

The "local" family we love actually lives 60+ miles away. They are a family with 7 children but 5 at home regularly. They live in a fascinating little house with some really big rooms on a nice size piece of land and their house is a hive of activity.

I took a few photos and thought I'd share. They're such a precious family.

Michelle and her son Liam cutting meat for the dogs. The puppies really wanted to get a small snack of extra pieces.


There's always places to play. G and Jack are pulling Seamus out of a hole he put himself into.

Kiara wanted in on the action. Here she's refusing to get out and let the boys climb in the hole.

We always try new wines. I picked this one. It was actually pretty good for the price!

Seamus wanted to hear a book.

It doesn't hurt that Michelle has a sweet family *and* super sweet dogs. 

Gopher giving Derek a little love and kisses. It's ok. Derek's dad raised dogs when he was young and Derek loves doggie kisses now and again.

Condi, who'd just had a run in with a porcupine and was recovering. 

Michelle and her family have made us feel welcome since we first met them. Her son Alex and Fi have become BFF and share geek stories and art notes. Jack and G are BFF and play with toy guns and run around with sticks and play in dirt together. Then entire group plays well together, something I notice more with homeschooling families. 

I'm sure the longer we live here the more stories we'll have of the Hogan family. Wisconsin has had a lot of great features but the Hogans are one of the best.





No comments: