Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 6


Finally feel like I'm getting the hang of this.

These tichel wraps are from Wrapunzel and they feel and tie beautifully. Decided to wear the scarves on my neck since it is sooooo cold here today. Yesterday was worse but in a "so cold I'll just stay inside" sorta way.

I'm getting a few looks when out in town. It's ok though. From most of my friends the response is positive. In the morning it takes me less than half as much time to get ready. My hair isn't as oily as it was (I think from contact with my face) so I'm having to wash it less... making it quickly healthier.

I am so much warmer. I knew warmth was lost through the head but I had no idea how much warmth was lost. I haven't been hot yet (might not happen in this state) but have been wondering about warm weather and head coverings.

In the summer I tend to wear a hat for many reasons. One being that bright sunlight on my dark hair gets HOT. Many times I've adjusted my hair to cover my scalp and been shocked at how much solar heat my hair can absorb. I'm wondering if a light colored headwrap would more than makeup for it's presence on my head when it is hot out?

But I'm comfortable, warm, using less hot water/soap and time.

I'm still waiting for a downside.


No comments: